Howard Stern Show News Archives.
For The Week Of 7/3/2000 to 7/7/2000
-- Breaking News --
- We Have A Death Pool Winner! 7/1/00.
There's some good news and some bad news. The good news is that Howard has won the Death Pool jackpot. The bad news is that a celebrity had to die so someone could win. Luckily(for Howard) it was Walter Matthau who died early Saturday morning. You may remember that Howard bought Matthau from the team of Gary and Tom last year for a very controversial amount of $100. Howard is on vacation for the next two weeks so we won't be hearing the discussion until July 17.
-- Monday July 3, 2000 --
- The Best Of Stern. 7/3/00.
Howard is on vacation for the next couple of weeks so we'll be hearing ''Best Of'' for a while. Here's what we heard today:
- ''Roman Polanski Day Care and Dating Service'' commercial parody
- ''My Name Is (Stuttering John)'' song parody
- Howard threatens to replace Stuttering John with Stuttering Vic
- Howard plays tape of Stuttering John interviewing Mr. Rogers
- 36 year old Steve brings in Lisa the 18 year old baby sitter he's having sex with
- Howard plays tape of black people being interviewed about why they're voting for Mayor Marion Barry
- Howard plays tape of Fred the Elephant Boy accepting Howard's Billboard Award
- ''The Noises of Jackie Martling'' commercial parody
-- Tuesday July 4, 2000 --
- The Best Of Stern. 7/4/00.
Reruns, Day 2. Yes, I was up at 6am on my day off.. Here's what we heard today:
- Howard Stern theme song to the Lee Myles theme music
- ''Entertainment Tonight'' President Clinton parody
- The 34th Annual F-Emmy Awards including
- Gary sings ''Goodbye Yellow Brick Teeth''
- Most Racist Guest - Daniel Carver
- Most Annoying Voice - Uncle James and his cancer kazoo
- Best Foreign Accent - Bimpie the African
- Best Phony Phone Call - Maury's call to ABC's Peter Jennings during the OJ Simpson standoff
- Stuttering Vic performs a song about Stuttering John to the tune of ''Happy Days Are Here Again''
- Best Stutterer - Stuttering Vic
- Best Hard Luck Story - Woman on phone crying about losing her 54-D breasts
- Best Argument - Bill Kinison and Malika Kinison
- Most Annoying Reporter - Penny Crone
- Best Trashing of a Celebrity - Joey Buttafuoco trashes Geraldo Rivera
- Best Staff Argument - Scott ''The Engineer'' Salem vs Gary
-- Wednesday July 5, 2000 --
- The Best Of Stern. 7/5/00.
Day 3 of reruns. Only 7 more to go! Here's what we heard on today's ''Best Of Stern'':
- David Bowie performs ''I'm Afraid of Americans'' on Howard's birthday show
- ''Psychic Friends in the 'Hood Hotline'' commercial parody
- Howard goofs on a 17 year old girl who calls in asking when he's going to have Eddie Van Halen on the show
- Howard confronts Geraldo Rivera about a discussion he had with Charles Grodin
- Howard does his best Joan and Ted Kennedy impression while Robin does a news story about Joan
- Howard talks about Jackie's 1988 resignation from the show
- Howard warns Stuttering John about what married life will be like after he announced that he's getting married
- Stuttering John announces his engagement and the fact that his fiance is already pregnant (Did someone play these two out of order? See above)
- Howard pretends to befriend a listener who called in to discuss Led Zeppelin
- Phony phone callers King of all Disasters, Kevin Renzulli (had one of Captain Janks calls) and Captain Janks call in with some new calls
- Bob Denver (Gilligan's Island) calls in
-- Thursday July 6, 2000 --
- The Best Of Stern. 7/6/00.
Day 4 of reruns. Here's what we heard today:
- ''Big Willy Pop'' Clinton commercial parody
- Howard Stern and The Losers perform ''Wipeout'' on the Magic Johnson show
- Howard takes a call from an angry Jamaican who thinks that Howard is wrong for telling people he'd never visit Jamaica
- MC Hammer comes in for a visit
- 41 year old George shows Howard his many Disney character tattoos
- Captain Janks calls in while Howard plays his phony phone call to a Cerebral Palsey Telethon
- Tom Arnold calls in
- ''Guess Who's The Jew'' with Kurt Waldheim Jr.(Fred)
-- Friday July 7, 2000 --
- The Best Of Stern. 7/7/00.
One week of reruns down, one more to go. Here's what we heard on today's ''Best Of Stern'':
- ''Street Classics'' homeless book reading commercial parody
- The Losers perform ''Court of the Crimson King''
- Marv Albert phony interview
- Melrose Larry gets yelled at by Gary, Stuttering John and Steve Grillo
- Ian the drunk talks to Joe Walsh on the phone
- Gary gets goofed on for being fat and having an ape-like haircut
- Dennis Rodman comes in to discuss what happened on his date with Robin
- Howard plays Stuttering John's offensive song parody about Howard
- Howard does a taste test to see if he can tell the difference between cheap and expensive caviar
| Site Map
| E-Mail Mark |
Copyright © 1996-2022 Mark Mercer