Howard Stern Show News Archives.
For The Week Of 8/23/99 to 8/27/99
-- Monday August 23, 1999 --
- The Best Of Stern. 8/23/99.
Unfortunately Howard is taking another unannounced one week(?) vacation again. We were stuck with ''The Best Of Stern'' again and here's what we heard today:
- Jewel ''I Sell Sex'' song parody
- ''King Of Comedy'' movie clip
- Crackhead Bob History moment
- Sting performs ''Every Little Thing''
- Celebrity Doll commercial parody
- Pat Cooper, angry man commercial parody
- A sexy caller from Los Angeles turns out to be a man
- Geraldo Rivera plays ''Guess Who's The Jew''
- Howard and Robin discuss sports
- Howard goofs on deaf comedian Kathy Buckley after she bad mouths him on her comedy album
- An angry redneck calls in to complain about Howard goofing on someone with a disability
- Howard interviews Gennifer Flowers / Jessica Hahn calls in to complain about her being on the show
- Howard interviewed by a Dutch newspaper journalist
- Captain Janks' plays his phony phone call during earthquake coverage
- Stuttering John interviews Gregory Hines, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Laurence Fishburne, Kathleen Turner, Marlo Thomas, Maria Conchita Alonzo, Red Buttons, Alec Baldwin, Carol Burnett and Matthew Broderick
-- Tuesday August 24, 1999 --
- The Best Of Stern. 8/24/99.
Day 2.. The Best of Stern.. No signs of live show.. feeling weaker every minute.. need new shows.. Howard must return quickly.. forced to listen to..
- ''Homeless Brady Bunch'' TV show parody
- Gary sings ''Goodbye Yellow Brick Teeth''
- George Carlin comedy bit
- Howard interviews Mr. Blackwell
- Dr. Joyce Brothers calls Howard to welcome him to show business
- Fred walks off the show
- Fred returns to the show the next day
- Robin's soap opera boyfriend calls in to complain about Robin not returning his calls
- Gilbert Gottfried comes in after his appendix operation
- Howard gives his speech about how adopted kids never feel truly loved and a female caller complains
- Elephant Boy comes in stinking of body odor so Howard has him trim his underarm hair
-- Wednesday August 25, 1999 --
- The Best Of Stern. 8/25/99.
Best Of Stern day 3.. Still no signs of life.. must go on.. Heard various bits including:
- Korean Howard Stern impersonator
- Daniel Carver KKK message
- Jerky Boys phony phone call
- Wood Yi sings ''Funk Soul Brother''
- Kathy Buckley comes in after bad mouthing Howard on her HBO special
- Howard reads some listener mail
- Stuttering John interviews Freddie Roman, Burt Young, Laynie Kazan, Ed Begley Jr., Paul Sorvino and Peter Maxx
- Howard and Robin discuss cheating and stealing
- Howard gets pissed when his San Diego affiliate inserts their own show intros
- Howard plays some Ponce De LaPhone phony phone calls
- Howard speaks to the Program Director of the San Diego affiliate
- Howard interviews Phil Hartman via satellite
- Howard interviews Yasmine Bleeth
-- Thursday August 26, 1999 --
- The Best Of Stern. 8/26/99.
Best of Stern day 4.. Still no signs of a live show.. unable to laugh out loud.. losing hope.. Still forced to hear old material including:
- Crackhead Bob sings ''Jumpin' Jack Flash''
- ''Fellatio'' commercial parody
- ''The Psycho Friends Network'' commercial parody
- Dog fence phony phone call
- Gary fights with Scott about his work
- An 18 year old girl comes in to interview for an internship
- Howard freaks out over affiliate intros again
- Howard creates his ''CIA-Holes'' to monitor his affiliates
- Howard talks to a girl he had a crush on when he was younger
- Jessica Hahn calls in to comlain about Joan Rivers and Cindy Adams
- Joan Rivers calls in but hangs up when Jessica Hahn gets back on the phone
- Howard discusses Fred's secret bag of stuff
- Howard acts out a play with Fred
-- Friday August 27, 1999 --
- The Best Of Stern. 8/27/99.
Best of Stern day 5.. giving up hope.. must shut off radio.. Subjected to old material including:
- Wood Yi sings ''Livin La Vida Loca''
- ''All in the Pat Cooper Family'' parody
- Stuttering John tries to interview Robert Shapiro
- Howard and Robin discuss the Diane Sawyer interview with Michael Jackson
- Intern Steve Grillo gets yelled at for his attitude at work
- Howard speaks to the parents of a 14 year old listener
- A 60 year old woman complains about the parents of the 14 year old
- Howard and his wife argue about working out
- Howard goes off on Sally Jesse Raphael after Robin appears on her show
| Site Map
| E-Mail Mark |
Copyright © 1996-2022 Mark Mercer